Creamy Italian Dressing


When we lived in South Florida, one of my favorite Italian restaurants was inside Laurenzo's Market.  It is not only a terrific grocery, deli, fish market, and bakery, (and a produce market next door).  But also it houses a yummy cafe right in the center of the store.  You order your food cafeteria-style.  Their Chicken Florentine is still the best I've had.  And they always had a salad with crisp lettuce, chickpeas, and their great dressing.








Sometimes, when we're in Miami and getting ready to hit the road, we swing by Laurenzo's and pick up a sub sandwich to have along the way.  Their sandwiches include the same dressing.  You can also buy it in the store by the jar.  They list the ingredients on the label, so I experimented until I thought my version tasted similar to theirs.  I love it on both salads and sandwiches.  It's a thin dressing, but quite yummy.  Here's my recipe for the dressing:

Creamy Italian Dressing (inspired by Laurenzo's Market, North Miami, FL)

  • ¼ cup water
  • 3 tbsp mayo
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • ½ tsp parsley
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp dried minced onion (optionally, 1 tsp fresh minced onion)
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp oregano


Mix ingredients in small glass jar and shake well.

Have you ever tried to replicate a restaurant dish?  How did it turn out?