Lately (Scrapping and Cooking)

Miki Ferkul Moments kit, scrapbookgraphics.com
It's been cold and snowy here.  Which was just beautiful for a while.  But now that it's March, I'm beyond ready for springtime.  But with frigid temps and being snowed in, one thing is for sure:  I did lots of baking.

Some of what I made --

  • Empanada Gallego. Inspired by an empanada we had in Spain.  Recipe source and pics to come.
  • My first attempt at Baklava.  I made half batches twice.  Using Pioneer Woman's recipe.  The first time, resounding success (despite ripped-to-shreds phyllo dough).  The second time, really good, but not enough butter on that top layer.  Live and learn, right?
  • And just for fun one day, my favorite carrot cake recipe with orange-buttercream frosting.  Made with whole wheat flour.  Note to self - white works better, but whole wheat will squeak by.
On the scrapping side, lots of photos in the snow, and a page or two made.  Here's one:

Jen Maddocks Art and the Woods and For Life Wordart, scrapbookgraphics.com
And being in a snow mood, and being snowed in, and scanning scads of photos from an old family album, couldn't resist this one of my mother-in-law frolicking in the snow.

Manu True Love kit, Natali Add Snow elements, Wendy Zine Embellisher 2 Action (scrapbookgraphics.com)
What do you do when it's cold and snowy outside?