One Body

I was mulling over ideas for the October Bricolage Society challenge at the Studio.  I really am intrigued by the artist Jen chose, Jon Measures.  However, I was puzzled how to integrate the word element provided in the challenge:  body.  I wanted to do buildings and circles of buildings and reflections of buildings, but how would I use that one word?

In my yoga practice later on, I was reminded that we are given one body.  And to treat my body with care: to nourish, exercise and respect it.  It is part of the same principle taught in the Bible, that our bodies are a temple (1 Cor 6:19-20). 

This piece evolved after several iterations: a personal, visual, expressive reminder.


created with Jen Maddocks Artful Marks Possibilities, Artful Marks 3, Winter Wonderland, and Dear Heart credits here