Winged

Winged, created with Teddi Rutschman Unsinkable and some Golden items, plus wall photo from my own stash
Both while I created this piece, and now, looking at it later, so many thoughts swirl around in my head, starting with Spain.  My first European love affair.   Spain is represented in the shell at the little girl's waist -- the Camino de Santiago, such a hallmark of the northern coast of the country.

using Vinnie Peace items


We have crisscrossed the route time and again for years, from St. Jean Pied de Port, France all the way to Santiago de Compostela.

using Teddi Rutschman items

using Teddi Rutschman background

The dragon is, of course, such a quintessentially-medieval symbol, and one I associate strongly with European history.  At the Bufones de Pria in Asturias, I imagined the sounds from blow holes in the rocks with dragons roaring.  The painted, brick wall in the background is one of our photos from Oropesa, Spain (excluding the fire!  ha!). 

Finally, the wings -- my wanderlust.  Maybe I'm anchored on one side of the ocean?  Maybe dreaming of roaming abroad?  A glimpse of what looks like fireworks on the other side of the wall -- a celebration of travel-dreams-come-true.

I'm hopelessly hopefully brimming with wanderlust.  Especially of the Iberian variety!

me in the ocean in Galicia, created using Jen Maddocks items, credits here

using Jen Maddocks items, credits here